Saturday, May 28, 2011

“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang

Pre-leaving, Ive decided to do some travelling.
It seems almost cliche or a neccesity to travel around Europe. Americans generally dont travel. And thats a stereotype that I truely believe (I dont believe though that its a bad thing or good thing).

Anyways, my first stop is Cyprus. When I was in Uni I made a friend of a dude from Limassol and we've managed to stay friends ever since. With time and distance, we're not as close as we once were but there is our shared past that keeps us close.

I leave on June 25th from Vienna to Larnaca. I will spend 10 days there. Im so excited. I was in Cyprus in 2006 for a month and I loved it. The island is plethora of ancient sites, Greek food and beautiful beaches. Some of my favorite things all in one place.

When I get back from Cyprus, I'll meet my friend from Florida at the Vienna airport. We'll travel from there to Brno where we will hopefully do some partying with some friends.

We will travel from there to Poland, hopefully with some friends. I visited Cracow a month ago and enjoyed it thoroughly. Unfortunately, I didnt get to see much of the city. It was raining cats and dogs and I had a hangover to inspire alkies. Nevertheless, the city looked magical to my rain-soaked, Jager fogged mind.

Next stop will be the impossible to pronounce, Warclaw...I pronounce it Wahr-klau but apparently its something along the lines of Bwatzwav.....who woulda guessed?

Then onto the ever compelling Germany where I will hopefully get to revisit Dresden and Berlin before heading back to Prague to be picked up by my friends on their way to Gondrin, France.

Last year I had the fortunate opportunity to travel to France with my friend and stay with his family. I love travelling this way. You get to see how life really is. Not just some tourist version of events. (more on this at another time)

From there, I will fly back to Prague, travel to Brno, go on to Vienna, catch an early flight. Travel the long ass way to Miami where I will meet my Sis and we will have a mini-vacation there. Ive never actually been to Miami, so that should be an interesting adventure. I'll probably have sensory overload. Vibrant colors from latin style clothes and too much sun, the noise of latin music, spanish and the many cars may just make me wanna hop back on the plane. Then again, it may be one of those things that Ive missed but didnt know it.

Hopefully, when that is all done, Im still alive, I dont hate my friends, and I have some money left.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: